Sunday, August 20, 2006

Incomplete without comp?

Today is the first day I think in the past 4 or 5 years that I have not had access to my comp when I needed it. Well my hard disk seems to have given up after all the trashing that it has been under for the past 1 year. The normal benchmarks that computers pass are not of any use when these comps are used in environments like IIT where they are just beaten black and blue. When you get a bit experimental and try to install every possible thing on your comp, there is nothing much that the comp can do. Well infact at some points of time, I had 3 OS on my comp simultaneously. Windows XP Pro, Mac OSX and Suse 10.0 on one instance and Windows XP Pro 32 bit, Windows XP Pro 64 bit trial and Suse 10.0 on another. No one knows how many times I have reinstalled operating systems on my comp. No wonder the hard disk gave away.

Well I really feel crippled without my comp now. Just shows how much I have become attached to my comp. Not that I really do too many useful things on it, but nonetheless I am just waiting to get it back up and running. Just hope that it does not take too long.

No comments: